MANILA–The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Tuesday assured that no Filipino casualty has so far been reported in the 6.9-magnitude earthquake that rocked central Chile.
“The Philippine Embassy in Santiago is in constant communication with the Filipino community in the country and has received no reports of injuries or casualties of Filipinos,” the DFA said in a statement.
It said the Philippines is closely monitoring the situation after the tremor that hit the coast of Chile.
The quake, which struck at 6:40 p.m. local time (10:40 GMT) on Monday, was located 72 km. west of the coastal city of Valparaiso.