Crown withdraws sex assault, harassment charges against Toronto doctor

By on September 5, 2015


(Shutterstock image)
(Shutterstock image)

TORONTO – A sexual assault charge against a Toronto gynecologist and obstetrician has been withdrawn.

A lawyer for Dr. Oluleke Badmos says the Crown decided to withdraw all charges after an expert report concluded that the care the physician provided was entirely appropriate.

A statement from Michael Rosenberg says the allegations against his client likely arose from an “unfortunate misapprehension of the care received.”

Police charged Badmos last year after a 26-year-old woman alleged she was touched in an inappropriate manner.

Police also charged Badmos with criminal harassment in connection with the same allegations.

Rosenberg says he is pleased the Crown reviewed the evidence and concluded there was no basis to proceed with any of the charges.