MANILA — Resigned chief of the Philippine National Police, Director General Alan Purisima, will be back on his regular duty as his preventive suspension order expires today, June 4.
Purisima was suspended, December last year, following the corruption allegations raised against him.
He will be “back to duty,” according to Deputy Director General Leonardo Espina on Wednesday.
Espina said that Purisima will be under the Personnel Holding and Administrative Unit, following his resignation as the PNP chief in March.
Purisima and eight other police officers of the PNP Civil Security Group and Firearms and Explosives Office have been suspended over the shady deal with a courier service firm in 2011.
They were suspended for their alleged involvement in the anomalous gun license delivery deal with Werfast Documentary Agency.
The other officers were CSG head Police Director Gil Meneses and FEO officials Chief Superintendents Raul Petrasanta and Napoleon Estilles, Senior Superintendents Allan Parreno, Eduardo Acierto and Melchor Reyes; Superintendent Lenbell Fabia, Chief Inspectors Sonia Calixto, Nelson Bautista and Ricardo Zapata.
Espina, meanwhile, said that the PNP’s Senior Officer Placement Board has yet to deliberate if the eight other officers will be reinstated to their respective posts.