MANILA — The National Bureau of Investigation has arrested another suspect in the mauling and detaining of actor and TV host Vhong Navarro.
The 54-year-old businessman Ferdinand Guerrero who was arrested in his Makati penthouse on Sunday evening is one of the five men charged along with Cedric Lee.
Lawyer Augusto Eric Isidoro said that the arrest was following the statement of an informant who has been keeping an eye on Guerrero’s unit at Ritz Tower, a high-end condominium in Ayala Avenue.
The informant said that he had been seeing Guerrero going in and out of the said unit for the past months.
Guerrero said that he has plans of turning himself in though he was just waiting for the advise of his lawyer.
He, however, denied that he was one of those who mauled Navarro.
“It’s not true that I was one of those who beat [Navarro] up. Had I participated—and not to brag—he would have sustained more serious physical injuries [because] all my life I’ve been into martial arts. I’m a black belter in karate. I took boxing for five years. I’ve always been in shape,” he told reporters.
He also added that he only went to the unit of Deniece Cornejo in Taguig City because she was informed that Deniece was raped by Navarro.
As of writing, Guerrero remained under NBI custody while waiting for the commitment order from the Pasig Regional Trial Court.