MANILA — As of Friday evening, families displaced by heavy rains and flooding that pounded Maguindanao since June 13 has now hit 13,064 families spread in 91 barangays (villages) of 13 municipalities.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) stated that the displaced families are from the following towns:
– Ampatuan (assessment still ongoing)
– Datu Abdullah Sangki, 773 families
– Datu Montawal, 1,160 families
– Datu Odin Sinsuat (assessment still ongoing)
– Datu Piang (assessment still ongoing)
– Datu Salibo, 300 families
– Mamasapano, 2,000 families
– Mother Kabuntalan, 4,467 families
– Pagalungan (assessment still ongoing)
– Northern Kabuntalan, 2,095 families
– Rajah Buayan, 755 families
– Sharif Saydona (assessment still ongoing)
– Sultan Sa Barongis, 1,514 families
The NDRRMC added that flooding worsened due to heavy concentration of water hyacinth at Tamontaka River and Rio Grande De Mindanao.
Flood damage to agriculture was placed at P805,000 but relief officials said this could go higher.
But despite flooding bridges and roads, the transport linkages are still passable while supply of electricity and water supply are normal.