After his long break from the entertainment universe, Kapamilya actor JM de Guzman has finally returned to its talent agency Star Magic, following a meeting with executives of ABS-CBN’s talent arm.
In a photo shared on the Instagram account of Star Magic, JM is seen with chairman emeritus Johnny Manahan and other staff.
The good news was confirmed by ABS-CBN News and Star Magic executive Thess Gubi.
The 29-year-old actor, who just came out from his showbiz hiatus, is set to do a movie with the producers of the most successful historical film “Heneral Luna.”
On November 20, PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) reported that the actor has received numerous offers to star in films and one of which will be produced by TBA Studios.
Founder Fernando Ortigas, a producer and actor known for Heneral Luna (2015), Bonifacio: Ang unang pangulo (2014), and English Only, Please (2014), said he was impressed with JM after he worked in “Tandem” in 2015.
In an interview with Philippines Ultimate Showbiz Hub, Ortigas said he knew the actor has potential ever since he worked with him. The producer added that he would like JM to come back and work with them again.
“I think he’s free from any contracts. So we said, ’It’s really up to you what you want to do. We’re going to be supportive,” he said.
JM, who was last seen on screen in the 2015 afternoon series “All of Me,” has been in rehabilitation for his drug addiction which he admitted to having in 2014. In October, he shared that he was nearly two years sober.
Last month, JM posted on his Instagram account a photo of his sobriety certificate awarded by the Self Enhancement for Life Foundation, Inc. The certificate showed that JM has been leading a substance-free lifestyle for a year.