ILOILO CITY— Preparations are up for the “Tokhang Reboot” which will start Aug. 18 in Iloilo province.
“Tokhang Reboot” was launched during the 116th Police Service Anniversary held at Camp Delgado here on Monday as part of the relentless campaign against hard drugs of the Police Regional Office 6 (PRO 6) in Western Visayas.
Iloilo Police Regional Office (IPPO) spokesperson Police Chief Inspector Aaron Palomo, in an interview on Wednesday, said they were currently planning on how to strategize the implementation of “Tokhang Reboot”.
He said that they will start the operation on August 18. They will mobilize local government units, the Municipal and Barangay Anti-Drug Abuse Councils, religious sector and other stakeholders to convince drug users and pushers to surrender.
Palomo said “Tokhang Reboot” would be able to provide the true picture of hard drugs problem in the province and would increase the turn-out of drug surrenderers.
During last year’s operations of “Oplan Tokhang” and “Oplan Double Barrel”, Palomo said that the IPPO only yielded over 7,000 drug surrenderers in the entire province.
“Despite our relentless operations, still, other people fear nothing. We still have arrest of individuals in buy-bust operations until now,” he added.
Palomo said these arrested persons were newly-identified drug dependents.
Palomo appealed to the public to support “Tokhang Reboot”.
He said drug dependents should not be afraid to surrender as they are currently identifying programs to help them.
The police are currently coordinating with the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) for some sustainable livelihood projects they can provide to encourage the drug surrenderers to stay away from hard drugs, Palomo said.
Coordination were also made with other stakeholders for other programs and projects for drug surrenderers during the “Tokhang Reboot” operations.