MANILA, Aug. 8 — Pres. Rodrigo Duterte will be guest of honor in the 116th founding anniversary celebration of the Philippine National Police at Camp Crame on Wednesday. The visit is expected to boost the morale of the 190,00-strong police force.
PNP Spokesperson Chief Supt. Dionardo Carlos said Duterte will be provided with a full-dress parade and review ceremony as he issues policy directives and marching orders to the police force.
The event, to be held at the PNP Grandstand, has a theme “Buhay ng Pulis Handang Ibuwis Para sa Katahimikan at Kaayusan ng Bayan”.
As a highlight, Department of Interior and Local Government officer-in-charge Catalino Cuy and PNP head Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa, will assist Duterte in the presentation of awards to PNP units and personnel for outstanding achievements in the police service.
Other unit awards are:
- Best Police Regional Office – Police Regional Office (PRO) 1 headed by Regional Director Chief Supt. Charlo Collado
- Best Police Provincial Office- Sorsogon Police Provincial Office, PRO 5 headed by Senior Supt. Ronald Cabral
- Best City Police Office – Iligan City Police Station, PRO 10 headed by Senior Supt. Leony Roy Ga
- Best City Police Station- Vigan City Police Station, PRO 1, commanded by Supt. Marlo Castillo, Jr.
- Best Municipal Police Station- San Jose Municipal Police Station, San Jose De Buenavista, headed by Chief Insp. Juvy Cordero
- Best Regional Public Safety Battalion – Regional Public Safety Battalion 12 commanded by Supt. Michael Lebanan
- Best Provincial Public Safety Company- Bukidnon Provincial Public Safety Company, PRO 10 headed by Supt. Gervacio Balmaceda, Jr.
- Best City Public Safety Company – Davao City Public Safety Company, PRO 11, Supt. Ireneo Caburnay
- Best National Operational Support Unit- Maritime Group headed by Director, Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales
- Best National Administrative Support Unit- Information Management Technology Management Service headed headed Chief Supt. Edwin Jose Nemenzo
- Best Women and Children Protection Desk – Regional Women and Children Protection Desk, PRO 7 led Chief Insp. Marilou Cuizon
- Best Regional Police Human Rights Desk – Regional Police Human Rights Desk, PRO 7, led Supt. Maribel Getigan
- Best Police Strategy Management Unit – Regional Police Strategy Management Unit, PRO 13 headed by Senior Supt. Gimili Macaraeg Special Unit Awards will be presented to the Counter-Intelligence Task Force under Senior Supt. Jose Chiquito Malayo for outstanding performance in counter-intelligence operations.
While for accounting of illegal drug personalities, three regional directors will receive awards namely Director Oscar Albayalde (National Capital Region Police Office), Chief Supt. Aaron Aquino (PRO 3), and Chief Supt. Ma OR Aplasca (PRO 4A).
Also, Duterte will lead of giving awards to this year’s individual awardees:
- Senior Supt. Jonnel C. Estomo (Chief, Management Division, Directorate for Controllership) – Best Senior Police Commissioned Officer (PCO) for Administration
- Senior Supt. Rene P. Pamuspusan (Executive Officer, Directorate for Operations) – Best Senior Police Commissioned Officer (PCO) for Operation
- Chief Insp. Ford B. Sudaypan (Chief, Strategy Review Scorecard, SAF) – Best Junior Police Commissioned Officer (PCO) for Administration
- Chief Insp. Ritchie J. Yandug(Officer-in-Charge (OIC), Manolo Fortich MPS, PRO 10) – Best Junior Police Commissioned Officer (PCO) for Operation
- SPO4 Francisco L. Alfeche (Municipal Executive Senior Police Officer (MESPO), Malapatan MPS, PRO 12) – Best Senior Police Non-Commissioned Officer (PNCO) for Administration
- SPO2 Harold V. Nicolas (Intelligence PNCO, PRO 1) – Best Senior Police Non-Commissioned Officer (PNCO) for Operation
- PO1 Juan Carlos C. Ventura (PIO, PRO 1) – Best Junior Police Non-Commissioned Officer (PNCO) for Administration
- PO2 Jhan Lay P. Apostol (Investigator PNCO, PRO 1) – Best Junior Police Non-Commissioned Officer (PNCO) for Operation
- NUP Grace W. Abalde (Admin Officer V, PRO 10) – Best Non-Uniformed Personnel (NUP)for Supervisory level
- · NUP Sheena Lyn B. Montiero (Communication Development Officer 1, Police Community Relations Group) – Best Non-Uniformed Personnel (NUP) for Non-Supervisory level
- Chief Insp. Jovie E. Espenido (OIC, Ozamis City Police Station, PRO 10) – Individual Award for Anti- Illegal Drugs Operation
- Senior Supt. Rolando B. Anduyan (Deputy Regional Director for Operations, PRO – ARMM) – Individual Award for Crisis Management in Marawi City.
Duterte will also present Special Individual Awards to PNP personnel cited for their roles in law enforcement operations on Marawi City. They are:
- Supt. Rex Arvin T. Malimban – Deputy Chief, Logistics Management Division, PNP-SAF
- Supt. Lambert A. Suerte – Commanding Officer, Rapid Deployment Battalion (RDB), PNP-SAF
- SPO1 Erwin V. Garalde – Company Executive Senior Police Officer, 84th SAC, RDB, PNP-SAF
- SPO1 Jethro L. Amengan – Senior Counter Terrorist Operative (CTO) and Extended Range Support Team (ERST), 83rd Coy, RDB, PNP-SAF.