MANILA—Senators Cynthia Villar and Manny Pacquiao are the richest members of the Philippine Senate
As per their Statements of Assets, Liabilities and Net worth (SALN) 2016, Villar declared PHP 3.606 billion net worth while Pacquiao’s net worth is PHP 3.072 billion.
Villar works with her husband, former House Speaker, Senate President and businessman Manny Villar, in various entrepreneurial ventures, eventually making Vista Land the biggest homebuilder in the Philippines.
Pacquiao, meanwhile, Pacquiao made billions of pesos from his boxing career and local and international endorsements.
Meanwhile, the poorest senator is Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV, a staunch critic of Pres. Rodrigo Duterte, with PHP6.506 million net worth.
The net worth of all senators from highest to lowest are as follows:
- Sen. Cynthia Villar — PHP3.606 billion
- Sen. Manny Pacquiao — PHP3.072 billion
- Sen. Ralph Recto — PHP522.610
- Sen. Juan Edgardo Angara — PHP123.949 million
- Sen. Juan Miguel Zubiri — PHP121.768 million
- Sen. Sherwin Gatchalian — PHP92.141 million
- Sen. Grace Poe — PHP88.480 million
- Sen. Franklin Drilon — PHP82.482 million
- Sen. Joseph Victor Ejercito — PHP79.130 million
- Sen. Richard Gordon — PHP 66.928 million
- Sen. Vicente Sotto III — PHP63.800 million
- Sen. Nancy Binay — PHP60.483 million
- Sen. Loren Legarda — PHP40.911 million
- Sen. Panfilo Lacson — PHP38.703 million
- Sen. Paolo Benigno Aquino IV — PHP33.860 million
- Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano — PHP24.132 million
- Sen. Joel Villanueva — PHP21.519 million
- Sen. Gringo Honasan — PHP21.279 million
- Sen. Aquilino Pimentel III — PHP17.734 million
- Sen. Risa Hontiveros — PHP16.332 million
- Sen Francis Pangilinan — PHP9.288 million
- Sen. Leila de Lima — PHP6.617 million
- Sen. Francis Escudero — PHP6.602 million
- Sen. Antonio Trillanes — PHP6.506 million