No Filipino casualty in truck attack in Sweden: DFA

By on April 8, 2017


No Filipino was hurt in the truck attack in Sweden, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Saturday. (Photo: flightlog/ Flickr)
No Filipino was hurt in the truck attack in Sweden, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Saturday. (Photo: flightlog/ Flickr)

MANILA–No Filipino was hurt in the truck attack in Sweden, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Saturday.

DFA spokesman, Assistant Secretary Charles Jose, said the Philippine embassy in Stockholm has been making the rounds of the Filipino community as well as hospitals to check if any Filipino was injured when a truck drove into a crowd on a shopping street and crashed into a department store in the Swedish capital on Friday.

“So far, there are no reports of Filipinos to be among the casualties in the bus attack in Sweden,” Jose said in a text message to the Philippine News Agency (PNA).

Friday’s incident in Stockholm killed four people and wounded 15 others.

Sweden’s Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said it appeared to be a terrorist attack, although no one has claimed responsibility for it.

Two suspects have however been arrested.