Sueno clears his name

By on April 6, 2017


Former interior secretary Ismael Sueno said he tried to talk to President Rodrigo Duterte regarding allegations made against him by some supporters of the president. (Photo; PTV/Facebook)
Former interior secretary Ismael Sueno said he tried to talk to President Rodrigo Duterte regarding allegations made against him by some supporters of the president. (Photo: PTV/Facebook)

MANILA—Former interior secretary Ismael Sueno said he tried to talk to President Rodrigo Duterte regarding allegations made against him by some supporters of the president.

“Tried to talk to him, but nothing happened,” Sueno said during a press conference Thursday.

He noted that he had been warned by his three undersecretaries that he was to be removed from his post.

Sueno also denied the allegations regarding his ownership of hotels, as well as reports that he was taking bribes from gambling lords.

He also disclosed that some PHP5 million to PHP10 million are missing from the department.

As he bid employees of the interior department farewell, Sueno said he has forgiven the three undersecretaries who accused him of corruption, noting that he has no hard feelings against them.

He said he has no political ambition and that he would just concentrate on his farm.