Bongbong not interested in DILG post – Duterte

By , on February 28, 2017


Phott Bong Bong Marcos/Facebook.com
Photo: Bong Bong Marcos/Facebook.com

Reports had surfaced that former Senator Bongbong Marcos will be replacing Ismael Sueno as DILG secretary. However, it has been confirmed by President Duterte himself that the former senator is not interested in the position.

In an ambush interview, Duterte said that Marcos is not interested in the position and he didn’t provide any confirmation whether or not the position was offered to Marcos in the first place.

Vice President Leni Robredo had earlier expressed her opposition against the plan. In an ANC interview, she said that Marcos shouldn’t be given a Cabinet post until his family pays for what they did to the country during the family’s stay in power.

She said that it is “scary” because he will again have the “opportunity to do what they did before.”

As of the moment, Marcos is still barred from taking a government position after losing to Robredo in the May 2016 vice presidential race.

He had filed an election protest and the Supreme Court will proceed with hearing the case.