PNP-AKG adds 4 criminal raps, 8 respondents in Jee kidnap-slay case

By on February 22, 2017


Aside from the additional charges, Castil also said that from six respondents namely Senior Police Officer 3 (SPO3) Ricky Sta. Isabel, who was tagged as the prime suspect in the case, former PNP Anti-Illegal Drugs Group-Pampanga (AIDG) head Superintendent Rafael Dumlao III, SPO4 Roy Villegas, Gerardo Santiago, owner of the Gream funeral parlor, Jerry Omlang, and Ramon Yalung they also charges eight people included three officials from National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). (Photo: Senate of the Philippines/ Facebook)
Aside from the additional charges, Castil also said that from six respondents namely Senior Police Officer 3 (SPO3) Ricky Sta. Isabel, who was tagged as the prime suspect in the case, former PNP Anti-Illegal Drugs Group-Pampanga (AIDG) head Superintendent Rafael Dumlao III, SPO4 Roy Villegas, Gerardo Santiago, owner of the Gream funeral parlor, Jerry Omlang, and Ramon Yalung they also charges eight people included three officials from National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). (Photo: Senate of the Philippines/ Facebook)

MANILA –The Philippine National Police-Anti-Kidnapping Group (PNP-AKG) added four criminal charges against the suspects in the kidnap-slay case of South Korean businessman Jee Ick Joo.

The 11-page complaint signed by Luzon Field Unit (LFU)-AKG Chief Sr. Supt. Rodolfo Castil were submitted to the Department of Justice (DOJ) panel composed of Senior Assistant State Prosecutors Juan Pedro Navera and Olivia Torrevillas, who handle the re-investigation on the kidnapping for ransom and serious illegal detention with homicide case.

Castil said that aside from kidnapping for ransom and serious illegal detention with homicide charges include charges of robbery, carnapping, falsification of document and obstruction of justice.

Castil said that robbery committed on Oct. 18, 2016 by four ATM withdrawals in the amount of PHP20,000 cash each withdrawal using Jee Ick Joo’s BPI Master Car at BPI Bank Greenhills in San Juan City.

The violation of carnapping of one Ford Explorer with plate no. ABT-1915 owned by the victim while falsification of public document on victim’s death certificate on Oct. 19, 2016 at Caloocan City.

Aside from the additional charges, Castil also said that from six respondents namely Senior Police Officer 3 (SPO3) Ricky Sta. Isabel, who was tagged as the prime suspect in the case, former PNP Anti-Illegal Drugs Group-Pampanga (AIDG) head Superintendent Rafael Dumlao III, SPO4 Roy Villegas, Gerardo Santiago, owner of the Gream funeral parlor, Jerry Omlang, and Ramon Yalung they also charges eight people included three officials from National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).

The eight respondents namely former NBI-National Capital Region Director Ricardo Diaz, former NBI deputy director for investigation services Jose Yap, former NBI Task Force against Illegal Drugs head Roel Bolivar; while five employees of Gream funeral identified as Epephany Gotera; Teodolito Macato Tarepe; Kevin Enriquez; Robert John Tobias and Bernardo Maraya; while other suspects tagged in the case were identified only through aliases “Pulis,” and several John Does.

Based on Dumlao submitted statement he named Diaz, Yap and Bolivar to be included as respondents as he narrated their direct participation in these complaints.

Earlier this month, NBI Director Dante Gierran ordered the immediate relief and reshuffle of Diaz, Yap and Bolivar from their posts in connection to the kidnap-slay of South Korean national.

During the last hearing on Feb. 16, DOJ ordered the complainant the PNP-AKG together with NBI to submit all the documents including the original complaint filed in Pampanga Regional Trial Court Branch 58, supplemental and other documents in the current case and also furnish the documents to the legal counsel of the respondents on February 20.

The DOJ panel set the next hearing on March 2 at 2 p.m. where the respondents are set to file their respective counter-affidavits in response to the accusations against them.

To recall, the Jan. 17 resolution penned by Torrevillas only named three accused in the kidnapping for ransom with homicide case: Sta. Isabel, Villegas and Yalung while other suspects tagged in the case were identified only through aliases “Pulis,” “Ding,” “Jerry,” and “Sir Dumlao.”

The resolution was received by the Pampanga Regional Trial Court Branch 58. The local court granted primary suspect Sta. Isabel’s request for reinvestigation.

RTC Judge Irineo Pangilinan Jr. , gave the DOJ 60 days “to conduct the reinvestigation and to submit the resolution.”

The court also reset the arraignment of the accused to April 19.