MANILA—An official of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) said the hold departure order (HDO) issued by the Sandiganbayan against former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Alan Purisima and former PNP-Special Action Force (SAF) Commander Getulio Napeñas has been implemented.
With this, the former police officials are barred from leaving the country.
BI Spokesperson Atty. Antonette Mangrobang said they received the order from the anti-graft court on Friday.
She added that they already alerted their personnel at the international airports and seaport in the country.
“We have 10 international airports and one international seaport– it is in Zamboanga,” the BI official said.
Mangrobang noted that this is the first time that an HDO was issued against the respondents on the charges of usurpation of authority and violation of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act.
“First nila na HDO. Alert lang ‘yung dati,” Mangrobang said.
However, she added that those in the HDO would only be allowed to leave the country if they get a permit from the Sandiganbayan.
“The only way they can be allowed to leave the country is if they secure an allowed departure order from the Sandiganbayan,” she explained.
Mangrobang added that so far, they have no record of departure of the two former PNP officials.
Purisima and Napeñas were charged in connection with the January 25, 2015 Mamasapano operations in Maguindanao that resulted in the death of 44 SAF troopers.