MANILA—The Vatican has replied to the letter of apology by presidential hopeful Rodrigo Duterte for hurling invectives at Pope Francis during his proclamation rally last year.
The PDP-Laban standard bearer revealed this during his sortie at Ubay town in Bohol on Sunday where an estimated crowd of 5,000 welcomed him.
However, Duterte said he will only reveal and release copies of the Vatican letter when the election is over—win or lose. He did not say whether his apology was accepted.
“I don’t want my opponents accusing me of using the letter for politicking,” he said.
Duterte earlier admitted to cursing Pope Francis for the monstrous traffic jam in the metropolis during the papal visit in early 2015.