Aquino will announce his bet in June

By , on April 17, 2015


President Benigno S. Aquino III presides over the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Board Meeting at the Aguinaldo State Dining Room of the Malacañan Palace on Monday (February 16, 2015). (Photo by Rey Baniquet / Malacañang Photo Bureau / PCOO)
President Benigno S. Aquino III presides over the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Board Meeting at the Aguinaldo State Dining Room of the Malacañan Palace on Monday (February 16, 2015). (Photo by Rey Baniquet / Malacañang Photo Bureau / PCOO)

MANILA — President Aquino said he would finally announce the presidential candidate of the administration for the 2016 elections this coming June.

The president reportedly told the Agence France-Presse (AFP) last Tuesday that the big announcement will happen come June this year.

Presidential Communication Operations Secretary Herminio Colomo Jr. also confirmed the reports saying he was there during the interview.

He also said that the President had already expressed  the same sentiment in recent public announcements he made.

“I heard that because I witnessed the interview and there are plenty of questions related to that. He also said that it was better to wait for what he has to announce,” said Coloma.

Coloma, however, refused to give details about the announcement and said that it would be better to wait until AFP releases its exclusive story on the interview.