MANILA – While employers are also considering factors other than educational background when hiring an employee, most of them still prefer those from the top 4 universities in the country.
A survey conducted by Jobstreet.com Philippines showed that 77% of employers admitted that they favor fresh graduates from the country’s top 4 universities.
The top 4 universities listed in Jobstreet.com Philippines’ Fresh Graduates 2014 Job & Salary Report presented on Monday, April 7, include:
- University of the Philippines (UP)
- University of Santo Tomas (UST)
- De La Salle University (DLSU)
- Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU)
“There are a few companies that would always go for the top 4 schools,” said Eileen Camarillo-Go, marketing communications manager of Jobstreet.com Philippines.
However, 94% of the employers asked in the survey said that they will still hire fresh graduates from other schools including:
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM)
- Philippine Normal University (PNU)
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP).