MANILA — The woman who divulged about the alleged bribery in the Maguindanao massacre case appeared at the Department of Justice (DOJ) on Friday to belie her earlier allegations against the officials and prosecutors of the DOJ.
The massacre claimed the lives of 58 civilians, including 15 women and 32 media practitioners in Ampatuan town, Maguindanao on Nov. 23, 2009.
Jerramy T. Joson subscribed to her affidavit before State Prosecutor Cristina P. Rilloraza wherein she recanted her earlier accusations that DOJ Undersecretary Francisco “Toti” Baraan III and some prosecutors, who handled the Maguindanao massacre case, received bribe money from the Ampatuans.
In her five-page sworn-affidavit, Joson said that she was merely used by Atty. Nena Santos, Maguindanao Gov. Ismael “Toto” Mangudadatu and Atty. Gemma Oquendo to destroy the person of and file graft charges against Baraan.
Joson claimed that she was ordered by the three to make it appear that she got a “notebook” from Jennylyn Manaloto, wife Atty. Arnel Manaloto who is the counsel of the Ampatuans, wherein there were names of people listed on it who were allegedly being given money by the Ampatuans.
In the said “notebook”, the names of Baraan, Deputy Senior State Prosecutor Richard Anthony Fadullon and other prosecutors were listed, who allegedly received bribe money from the Ampatuans.
However, Joson said the truth was that there was no truth in the contents of the “notebook” and the same was merely “concocted” by the camp of Santos and Mangudadatu.
Likewise, Joson confirmed that she had already withdrawn the graft and corruption cases she filed against Baraan before the Office of the Ombudsman (Ombudsman).
Joson added that she would withdraw next the cases she filed before the Ombudsman against Paula Garcia.