MANILA– Cavite Vice Governor Jolo Revilla, who sustained gunshot woundss in the right chest allegedly after he accidentally pulled the trigger of a Glock caliber .40, has already been discharged from the hospital, Atty. Raymond Fortun, Revilla family spokesman said.
Fortun said Revilla was discharged from the Asian Medical and Hospital Center in Muntinlupa around 7:30 p.m. Sunday after the family decided to have him discharge from the hospital to speed up his recovery.
Fortun said Revilla has asked the Province of Cavite for a 30-day leave in order for him to recover fast from the operation.
Based on the X-ray results last Sunday, it showed smaller lung contusions or bruises, which means Revilla’s condition has improved. The actor-politician’s left lung had partially collapsed due to trauma.
For her part, Cavite Rep. Lani Mercado, Revilla’s mother, said the doctors removed the chest tube from his son’s body last Saturday since the bleeding had already stopped and the doctors also closed the entry point of the gunshot wound Revilla sustained in his right chest.
Last week, Fortun turned over Revilla’s government-issued gun to the Muntinlupa City police for ballistic testing to determine if he accidentally fired the gun.
NCRPO chief Director Carmelo Valmoria said Revilla’s gun is still being subjected to tests at the PNP Crime Laboratory Group.
Jolo Revilla will stay for a month to recuperate at his parent’s house in Ayala-Alabang Village, where he accidentally shot himself while cleaning his Glock caliber .40 gun last February 28.