Cruz on Mancao’s plan to surrender

By on February 9, 2015


Archbishop Emeritus Oscar Cruz. Photo courtesy of CBCP.
Archbishop Emeritus Oscar Cruz. Photo courtesy of CBCP.

MANILA — A retired Catholic prelate approved the statement made by former police Senior Superintendent Cezar Mancao II that the visit of Pope Francis last month inspired him to surrender.

Maaari (It’s possible). The Pope up to now although the visit took place last month pa… the Pope inspired a lot of people especially those who have time to think and pray,” said Lingayen-Dagupan Emeritus Archbishop Oscar Cruz.

He is convinced that many other people including the former police official were touched by the Holy Father during his Apostolic and State Visit last January 15 to 19.

READ: Moved by the Pope, Mancao to tell ‘plain and naked truth’ about Dacer-Corbito murder

“I am glad if the Pope left something in him. Although the Pope has left the country I think he has left his message, his imprint to the people. I am glad Mancao is left with that imprint,” the former president of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) added.

With this, Cruz said that it is good that Mancao plans to surrender so that he can reveal what he know about the death of PR man Bubby Dacer and his driver Emmanuel Corbito in 2000.

“Good if he would surrender. If he surrenders he can say what happened, what took place etc… that’s a good option,” the Catholic prelate added.

On Saturday, Mancao II hinted that he want to surrender, as he was touched by the apostolic visit of the Holy Father.

Mancao escaped from the National Bureau of Investigation in 2013.