DOTC: MRT-3 maintenance contract bid failed anew

By , on January 21, 2015


MRT3 Shaw Boulevard Station (Photo courtesy of UrbanRail)
MRT3 Shaw Boulevard Station (Photo courtesy of UrbanRail)

MANILA — The Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) on Tuesday said that the bid for the three-year maintenance contract of the Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT-3) has failed anew.

This is the second time a bid for the MRT-3 has failed. To recall, the bid failed last October, after none of the prospective bidders made an offer.

Among bidders include Busan Transport Corp, Mosan-Inekon Phils Ltd Co, SMRT International Pte Ltd, Miescorrail Inc and D.M. Consunji Inc.

Global-Autre Porte Technology has been maintaining the MRT-3 based on a contract that DOTC rolls over every month since its one-year contract ended September last year.

DOTC spokesperson Miguel Arthur Sagcal told media that no groups have submitted bids although the agency has yet to review if a rebid is a good option.

He further said that the agency’s Bids and Awards Committee will have to declare a failure of bid and conduct a mandatory review in accordance with rules.

This will determine what adjustments should be made in order to make the project acceptable to interested groups.