MANILA –- The Department of Foreign Affairs identified on Monday the two Filipino seamen who died in last week’s sinking of cargo vessel Bulk Jupiter off Vietnam.
DFA spokesman Charles Jose said the two fatalities were ship captain Ronel Acueza Andrin, 45, of Quezon province, and third officer Jerome Maquilang Dinoy, 23, of Cebu.
Repatriation of their remains to Manila were being arranged, Jose said.
The two were among the 19 Filipino sailors of the Bahamas-flagged bulk carrier that sank off Vietnam last Friday.
Jose said that while Chief cook Angelito Roxas survived the incident, the search for the 16 other missing sailors continued.
Vietnamese news agency Tuoi Tres News identified the missing Filipinos as: Renner Carl Resos Abugadie, Gibbson Ladica Ranara, Alexis Thomas Piala Bacalla, Joseph Bantolino Damasen, Lot Olavides Correos, Reydante Santos Mendoza, Ricky Arangorin Gapasin, Jonniefer Derapite Aleta, Renator Flores Toribio, Wynfred Penaranda Balazo, Edgar Tabanao Melecio, George Barbaso Espliguera Jr., Edwin Deriada Acebo, Rosilo Navarro Sansolis, Gilbert Feliciano Flora, and Mark Timothy Denosta Causarin.