NEW YORK — Celebrities react to Sony’s announcement Wednesday that it released Seth Rogen and James Franco’s North Korea satire, “The Interview,” on digital platforms:
– “You wanna watch The Interview?? You can RIGHT … NOW!! … Thanks Sony for making it happen. Booyah.” – Rogen on Twitter moments after “The Interview” became available.
– “I need to say that a comedy is best viewed in a theater full of people, so if you can, I’d watch it like that. Or call some friends over.” – Rogen added on Twitter moments later.
– “Merry X-mas MERICA! !!!!!THE INTERVIEW IS LIVE!!!!!! !!! … Thank you SONY!!!!!!!!” – Franco on Twitter shortly after “The Interview” became available.
– “Take a picture of yourself watching it and I’ll `LIKE IT.'” – Franco on Facebook moments later.
– “THEINTERVIEW IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD! SonyPictures prevailed! GIVE THE GIFT OF FREEDOM!” – “The Interview” co-writer-director Evan Goldberg, on Twitter.
– “This Just Not In: King Jung Un says `The Interview’ is `a laff riot, the feel-good movie of the year.’ It was all a dream.” – Actor Harry Shearer on Twitter hours before the online release was announced.