Gov’t to rebid MRT contract

By , on October 30, 2014


MRT3 Shaw Boulevard Station (Photo courtesy of UrbanRail)
MRT3 Shaw Boulevard Station (Photo courtesy of UrbanRail)

MANILA – Following its failed auction this week, the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) is eyeing to revise the bidding terms of the three-year maintenance contract worth P2.25-billion for the Metro Rail Transit Line 3.

“It is likely we will improve the terms based on the feedback that we get,” Michael Sagcal, DOTC spokesperson said in an interview.

The auction failed after the present bidding terms drew no offer from the five groups that had earlier expressed interest in the deal.

The group included South Korea’s Busan Metro, Mosa-Inekon and a unit of DMCI Holdings Inc.

Meanwhile, DOTC undersecretary Jose Perpetuo Lotilla, chairman of the bids and awards committee said that the bidders will still be filing their concerns through writing.

Sagcal revealed that the some of the interested groups were asking for a one-month extension in the deadline for bid submission.

However, it was not granted since the deadline had already been moved to a later date several times, according to Sagcal.