Trillanes prepares new expose vs Binay

By , on October 17, 2014


Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV. Photo courtesy of Trillanes' Facebook page.
Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV. Photo courtesy of Trillanes’ Facebook page.

MANILA – Senator Antonio Trillanes IV revealed that he is preparing new corruption expose against Vice President Jejomar Binay.

He added during a press conference held on Thursday that the issue is not related to the alleged overpricing of the Makati City Hall Building II which is currently being discussed in the Senate hearings.

“We have new exposé, new documents, and hopefully new witnesses,” Trillanes said in Filipino.

“This is new. It’s a new kind of corruption committed by Vice President Binay and more evidence to strengthen testimonies earlier presented,” he added.

Trillanes however said that he still did not know when the details of the issue will be revealed.

“Just to give you an idea, limang buildings pa ‘yung iimbestigahan natin (we’re going to investigate 5 more buildings). If it’s one hearing per building, that’s already 5 hearings. We will have to do ocular inspection,” Trillanes said.

Meanwhile, Trillanes denied allegations that he had been one of the passengers in one of the flights that surveyed the Batangas farm allegedly owned by Binay.

“It is not true. The date they mentinoed, October 6, is the birthday of my child. We were together that day,” he said.