Palace: Filing of ‘pork’ cases may be mentioned in President Aquino’s SONA next month

By , on June 8, 2014


Wikipedia photo
Wikipedia photo

MANILA — President Benigno S. Aquino III has already started preparing for his fifth state-of-the- nation address (SONA), which he will deliver next month, a Malacanang official said Sunday.

Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said in an interview on state-run dzRB Radyo ng Bayan that so far, the President has already discussed with his speechwriters the outline of his forthcoming SONA.

The annual SONA is a way to inform the public about the state of the country, the accomplishments and promises by the Chief Executive.

It is delivered every fourth Monday of July at the Plenary Hall of the Batasang Pambansa Complex in Batasan Hills, Quezon City.

The President delivered his first SONA in July 2010, the second in 2011, the third in 2012, and the fourth in 2013.

“Part of the priorities of the government (Aquino administration) is good governance and anti-corruption,” Coloma said in Filipino.

“It (filing of pork barrel scam cases) will certainly be discussed because the President will report the performance of the administration on its important programs and priorities under the Philippine Development Plan,” he added.

The PCOO chief further said that good governance and anti-corruption campaign are both part of the PDP.