DOJ conducts probe on inmates with starlets in hospital room

By , on June 3, 2014


Justice Secretary Leila de Lima. Facebook photo
Justice Secretary Leila de Lima. Facebook photo

MANILA — Following reports that female entertainers were brought to the hospital room of notorious convicts admitted last month, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima has ordered an investigation to look into the case.

“I have directed the Usec-in-charge (Justice Undersecretary Francisco Baraan) to immediately probe those reports and submit a report,” De Lima said in a text message published by ABS-CBN news.

The investigation was set to determine the possibility of “special treatment” accorded to three high-profile inmates including convicted drug lord Ricardo Camata, a leader of the Sigue Sigue Sputnik gang.

Camata was admitted to the Metropolitan Hospital in Manila for treatment of his lung ailment.

A polices source said, in earlier reports , that dancers were brought inside the hospital room.

Two more convicts including Herbert Colangco and Amin Buratong were also brought to different hospitals.

Colangco was believed to be allied with Waray Waray and Ozamis robbery gangs and was the leader of a bank robbery gang responsible for a series of robberies in Pampanga, Quezon City, and Paranaque between 2003 and 2005.

He was brought to Asian Hospital and Medical Center in Alabang because of a urinary tract infection.

Meanwhile, Buratong, who used to operate the P900-million shabu tiangge in Pasig City, was taken to Medical City due to recurring coronary artery disease and a liver ailment.

With reports from ABS-CBN News