MANILA — The only billionaire in the House of Representatives, Sarangani Representative Manny Pacquiao, is still the richest lawmaker in the country for 2013.
Pacquiao, who earlier became the Bureau of Internal Revenue’s target for tax payment failures, had a net worth of P1.4 billion in 2013, according to his filed statement of assets and liabilities net worth (SALN).
Former first lady and now Ilocos Norte Rep. Imelda Marcos, who has a net worth of P922.8 million, the same as the previous follows after Pacquiao as the richest member of the House of Representatives.
The third-richest congressman is Speaker Feliciano Belmonte Jr. of Quezon City, with a wealth of P819.749 million — higher than his P817.574 million in 2012.
Belmonte is followed by Negros Occidental Rep. Alfred Benitez who came fourth with a net worth of P713.875 million, from P702.066 million in 2012.
Negros Occidental Rep. Julio Ledesma IV with a net worth of P617.326 million, from P590.558 in 2012 ranked fifth.
Las Piñas Rep. Mark Villar came next with a wealth of P526.450 million, much higher than his P361.782 million in 2012.
Aside from the former first lady, another Marcos relative came in the top 10 wealthiest solon—Leyte Rep. Ferdinand Martin Romualdez, Mrs. Marcos’ nephew. Romualdez’s wealth amounted to P475.002 million, from P474.18 million in 2012.
Rizal Rep. Joel Roy Duavit is the eighth- richest solon with a net worth of P272.975 million, from P195.9 million in 2012.
Tarlac Rep. Enrique Cojuangco Jr. is ninth with P217.52 million from P214.84 million in 2012.
The only newbie solon in the top 10 is Maguindanao Rep. Zajid Mangudadatu, the brother of Maguindanao Governor Esmael Mangudadatu. He has a net worth of P215.850 million.
Anakpawis Rep. Fernando Hicap, is the poorest lawmaker with a net worth of P37,722.
The poorest solon in 2012 was Hicap’s predecessor Rafael Mariano with a net worth of P92,507.
Other lawmakers at the bottom 10 are:
– Abakada Rep. Jonathan Dela Cruz (first termer) – P550,000
– Dinagat Islands Rep. Arlene Bag-ao – P598,013 (she is a first termer as Dinagat solon but she was Akbayan representative last year with a net worth of P230,789)
– Kalinga Rep. Abigail Ferriol-Pascual – P636,980 (second termer with wealth of P501,951 in 2012)
– Terry Ridon – P900,000 (first termer)
– Coop-Natcco Rep. Cresente Paez – P1.098 million (third termer, with wealth of P1.195 million in 2012);
– Gabriela Rep. Emmi De Jesus – P1.24 million (second termer, with the same wealth in 2012)
– Act Teachers Rep. Antonio Tinio – P1.278 million (second termer, with P1.288 million in 2012)
– Magdalo Rep. Francisco Acedillo – P1.326 million (first termer)
– Camarines Norte Rep. Elmer Panotes – P1.455 million (second termer, with P1.599 million in 2012).
With reports from GMA News