MANILA — After reports on the growing number of call center agents in the country, 17 Philippine state universities will soon offer courses to prepare students wanting to venture into the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry.
The offering of the course, which has 21 units and 5 subjects including English Proficiency and Service Culture, is supported by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP).
An ABS-CBN report has recently released the list of the state universities that will be offering the course ‘Minor in Service Management’:
1. Pangasinan State University
2. Cavite State University
3, Laguna State Polytechnic University
4. West Visayas State University
5. Batangas State University
6. Carlos Hilado Memorial State College
7. Negros Oriental State University
8. Wester Visayas College of Science and Technology
9. University of Southeast Philippines
10. Benguet State University
11. Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University
12. Tarlac State University
13. Bulacan State University
14. Technological University of the Philippines
15. Philippine Normal University
16. Northern Iloilo Polytechnic State College
17. Polytechnic University of the Philippines
Just last month, Call Canter / IT-Enabled Services / BPO Industry was listed by employment-opportunity website JobStreet as part of the highest-paying jobs for fresh graduates in the country.
Studies have also reported that every year, more than 70,000 positions are being offered by the BPO industry in the country.
With reports from ABS-CBN