Everyone needs to loosen up once in a while.
And when I say everyone, even moms, who are perceived to be “superwomen,” need time away from the daily household chores and office tasks.
If you are a mom and you think you can’t squeeze in a few hours to unwind, you are wrong.
Here are some easy ways on how you can pamper yourself.
- Take a 10-minute nap. As a mom, you are doing so much all the time. So, what a better way to divert from that crazy routine than to take a 10-minute nap. If you can’t sleep, you can also read a few pages from a lifestyle magazine or a chapter of a book you’ve long neglected, or just lie on your bed with your feet up while listening to soothing music.
- Meet a friend. Fix your schedule and allot a few hours to catch up with old friends. Talking over a cup of coffee while reminiscing your memories, fun and whimsical, and chatting about your current lives are definitely good ways to pamper yourself.
- Go to the salon. Get some manicure and pedicure. Or if you want to have a new hairstyle or a new hair color, go for it.
- Soak in the tub. Moms can also pamper themselves while at home. In the middle of the day, or even late into the night, soak in a tub filled with warm water and rose petals and invigorating bath salts.
- Get a massage. A good rubdown could be an absolute treat. Ask your friends to go with you but if they are not free, take this opportunity to spend a relaxing “me” time.
- Shop for clothes, etc. Yes, we espouse retail therapy. Make sure not to dent the budget so much, though. And make sure to inform your husband. Tell him “A happy wife is a happy life.”
- Eat out. Give in to your cravings. Yes, that could be good for you from time to time.
- Play sports. It will not only divert you from the many tasks/obligations/responsibilities that you have, but it will also serve as a great and fun way to exercise and stay healthy.