Palace orders PNP to intensify hunt for QC shooting suspects

By on May 12, 2014


ShutterStock image
ShutterStock image

MANILA (PNA) — Malacanang has directed the Philippine National Police (PNP) to intensify its hunt for the suspects in shooting incidents in Quezon City.

Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma, in a Palace press briefing on Monday, said community action and continued citizen vigilance are needed.

Coloma said citizens must cooperate with authorities.

“Sa kampanya laban sa kriminalidad, mahalaga ‘yung paglahok ng mga mamamayan at ‘yung kanilang pagiging mapagmasid… (In our campaign against crime, community vigilance and participation are important,” he noted.

Coloma said taking measures to enhance security in the country will have to be decided by the local authorities depending on the situation.

He said imposing curfews limit the freedom of movement, noting that the government also protects the fundamental rights of citizens especially if they are peace-loving ones.

Police reported about seven people were killed in separate shooting incidents in Quezon City last week.