Just days after the Ateneo de Manila University in Quezon City received a bomb threat, a business process outsourcing (BPO) firm confirms they got a similar warning Tuesday.
In a statement, Accenture, a management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company told Yahoo Philippines that their facility in Taguig received the threat through a telephone call.
“In line with our standard procedures, we evacuated the building while the police carried out a search of the premises,” the company said in a statement.
“The police have now declared the building safe, the facility has re-opened and our people have returned to work,” it also said.
Accenture also noted the safety and security of its employees remain their priority.
Earlier, user @omnomnate tweeted that there was a bomb threat in Accenture’s facility near Enderun in Taguig City. This was later retweeted by other users.
Last week, a similar bomb threat disrupted classes at the Ateneo de Manila University along Katipunan Avenue. School officials said they received the warning via text messages to employees, but the threat was later declared by police as a hoax.