Bong Revilla on ‘pork’ scam: ‘I’m going to talk’

By , on January 19, 2014


Photo courtesy of Senate of the Philippines
Photo courtesy of Senate of the Philippines

Senator and actor Ramon ‘Bong’ Revilla Jr. finally said the three words everybody’s been dying to hear since his involvement in the notorious pork barrel scam, the misuse of P10-billion worth of Priority Development Assistance Fund (PADF), and its alleged mastermind Janet Lim-Napoles.

 

“Magsasalita na ako,” (“I’m going to talk,”) Revilla said when Congress started its session from 2014.

 

Revilla admits that 2013 wasn’t exactly a good year for him and his family because of the controversies that dragged his name and image through mud, but he promised that he will reach the other side with his family and he will clear his name.

 

Revilla’s privilege speech is part of the Congress’ “agenda for the day” and he confirmed his privilege speech last week during his thanksgiving party for members of the entertainment press. He finally announced that he’ll be breaking his silence after lying low from newspapers, radio, and even movies and TV (no Bong Revilla film for 2013 Metro Manila Film Festival); but he didn’t say if any details as to the contents of his upcoming speech.

 

Of the people whose name was involved in the said pork controversy, Senators Juan Ponce Enrile and Jinggoy Estrada already gave their speech.

 

With reports from Linda Bohol and GMA News