Montano and Cruz meet in court

By , on August 20, 2013


Photo from the Facebook Page of Cesar Montano
Photo from the Facebook Page of Cesar Montano

MANILA, Philippines—On Thursday, August 15, estranged celebrity couple Cesar Montano and Sunshine Cruz appeared at the Quezon City Hall of Justice before the Court of Judge Fernando Sagon Jr. for Cruz’s petition for a Permanent Protection Order from Montano and a petition for habeas corpus before the Court of Judge Jose Bautista Jr.

The 51-year-old actor-director arrived with their daughters Angelina Isabelle, Samantha Angelene, and Angel Franchesca. Reports said that amidst Cruz’s allegation that Montano is preventing their children from seeing her, it was noticeable that the three children were seen comfortable and happy in the custody of their father.

After the closed door hearing, both parties chose not to disclose specific details. A reliable source said though that a compromise had been made, allowing Montano and Cruz to spend 3 days a week with their children, with Sundays in an alternating schedule between estranged parents.

The couple and their children were seen riding in the same vehicle as they left the Hall of Justice.

In a separate interview, Montano said he wants to resolve their marital conflict. Cruz, meanwhile, said she’s happy with the result of the hearing.